Friday 15 November 2013

Game Review: BASE JUMPER

After downloading an immense amount of Apps in search of a new entry, I found a game called Base Jump but would it be compelling enough to make it into the most outstanding games available on the Apple Store?



If you like the idea of jumping off skyscrapers, or at least the idea of a game that involves this, then you should definitely consider downloading this App. Get your parachutes prepared and dive off a building, each mission involves realistic limitations skydivers face; including the dark and the wind, making it difficult to calculate the correct distance to run before making the leap of faith.

The first apparent and obvious pro of this game is the price, it's completely free, no charges necessary. Can you imagine anything better than a free game? 
I can't!

So.....

...The controls (or control) are extremely simple, making gameplay excessively entertaining, the challenging part is figuring out the distance of the jump and when to deploy your parachute without breaking any limbs or missing the target completely (I did this several times). The only control is tapping the screen, to run, jump and releasing the parachute; the wind does the rest.

Oh, and the most important factor is timing; timing is everything in this game, and it's a trait that I have never had. The first section of levels deceivingly easy, but the game became complex rapidly, adding more obstacles into the mix of things, leading to levels that are nearly impossible to accomplish on the first try, this effect isn't dulling, in fact it adds to the addiction. I found myself incapable of putting this game down, every fail strengthened my addiction to the point where I was actually shouting at the screen.  

The game features a classic, but never tedious marking scheme; each level has a scoring rate out of 3 stars. 

Visually the game is easy on the eye, with remarkably creative, scenic landscapes, teamed up with the amusing sound effects, which add to the positive attributes of the game.

Consequentially, nothing is perfect so I have to be cynical and find something that hinders the game. For me, this was a surpassingly challenging task, I couldn't find much fault in this particular game, but if I had to pick something is would have to be the intricate levels that I can't seem to complete but this can be put down to my hopeless hand-eye coordination; so not really a valid point for most of humankind!





Go and download it, it's free and a great time-murderer!!!!!


I KNOW!!!!!
Follow me on Twitter: @lauraanneash
Contact me on: lauzalluzzle@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I love those games, simple but totally addictives !
    Great review as usual ;)

    TheCrazyHeadGamer

    ReplyDelete