Wednesday 27 November 2013

GAME REVIEW: Star Wars: Tiny Death Star

Downloading this iOS app really excited me, I didn’t know what to expect. Anything based on Star Wars has to be epic, my hopes were set high with this freemium App, but was I expecting too much from this free Tower Building App?

Jump aboard your own space station and build your own society, your own tiny little death star. The Emperor is building a death star level by level and he is in need of your help. Join Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader on a mission to attract Bitizens to your galactic tower of business, and take over the galaxy!

Each floor in the tower can hold up to 5 Bitizens and each of your businesses can employ 3, so be careful and picky when choosing to evict certain citizens from your Little Death Star, because the more higher-levelled the citizens are, the better impact it will have on your Death Star.

This is a great game for the Star War fanatics out there; the game has add-on quirky features that allow you to collect numerous species of characters that starred in the films, from Ewoks to Wokkies.

Other features include achievements and hilarious scenes involving your Death Star.

Consequentially, alike all freemium games if you want a higher experience and better gameplay then you have to pay for the extra available features, in this case it’s the Imperial Bux and coins.

So what are the pros to this game?

You can unlock and collect up to 30 characters from the Star War films and live out the dream of creating your own Death Star, while watching humorous extended scenes.

Unfortunately I can’t see many other positives to this game.

So, we get onto the mean part of this post…

The first thing that became apparent was how slow the build up of the game is; building new floors slowly becomes more expensive. Your businesses also take a lot of time generating enough funds to do anything productive within the game. Unfortunately my attention span was shorter than my interest for this game so it quickly became very dull; I didn’t really grasp the point to the game.

Needlessly to say, it didn’t take me long to give up on the gameplay, but I guess the whole point of freemium games it to pay extra for an enhanced experience, but as I have said before I don’t agree with the morals of freemium games.

This game wasn’t particularly for me, but it obviously has an audience out there somewhere. So for you Tiny Tower players, Star Wars fans and those who are curious, go ahead and download it there is no harm in a free game!

1 comment:

  1. Nice post Laura !

    I do agree with you with this cr*py freemium. Lst time i browsed the App store, all i could find was freemium ! Every single game has a in-game store now !

    The only one that grabbed my eyes was Oceanhorn, it looks awesome !

    Keep up your good work !

    xxx
    TheCrazyHeadGamer

    ReplyDelete